Member-At-Large is a program that allows for students at schools that do not have a Gamma Beta Phi chapter to be recognized for their academic achievement and community service. Members-At-Large receive all of the same benefits, materials, and opportunities as traditional members.
Member–At–Large (MAL) Requirements
- A MAL must have at least a 3.2 GPA (on a 4.0 GPA scale).
- A MAL must have completed 12 semester hours or 15 quarter hours of course work.
- A MAL must submit an official transcript to the National Headquarters assuring GPA and course work has been accomplished.
- A MAL must complete 20 hours of community service through August 1st – May 31st of each academic school year.
- Since the service requirement is for 20 hours to be completed anytime within the school year (and not 10 hours a semester), a MAL must submit documentation of service hours completed on the organization’s letterhead and signed by a representative of the organization. Documentation must be submitted by May 31st each year.
- A MAL is not allowed to do a fund raiser using the Gamma Beta Phi’s name, logo, or reputation.
- A student cannot join MAL if there is a Gamma Beta Phi chapter on their campus. Please double check our chapter list before applying.
Member–At–Large (MAL) Application Process
1) Mail an official transcript and documentation of service hours to:
Gamma Beta Phi National Headquarters
99E Midway Lane.
Oak Ridge, TN 37830